What is a Salesforce Implementation?
A customized Salesforce implementation enables your Salesforce org to serve your specific requirements.
The most common activities that happen during an implementation include:
- Configuration of standard objects
- Configuration of custom objects
- Data modeling
- Security modeling
- Process automation
- Form validation
- Customizing the User Interface
- Custom coding
- New user training
- New admin training
The result of an implementation is a Salesforce org that has been customized to fit your business needs. Your teams will be able to log in and become more productive!
Watch the video to see if you’re a fit?
Our Salesforce Services
New | Re-Engineering | Recovery
RTS Labs offers a complete set of services for both new Salesforce org implementations, as well as implementing recoveries for existing Salesforce orgs.
- New implementation is designed for companies who are just starting Salesforce for the first time.
- Re-Engineering projects transform working Salesforce implementations in conjunction with Business Process Re-Engineering efforts.
- Recovery Implementations are for companies who, for one reason or another, are not realizing the necessary ROI with their current Salesforce implementation.
Partnering with RTS
Collaboration | Efficiency | Quality
When you bring RTS on to help you with your Salesforce implementation, the relationship is not a one-way street.
RTS works collaboratively with you by:
- Getting to know your company, your business challenges, and your goals.
No matter how large or small your company or the Salesforce CRM project, success requires planning, commitment, and strong coordination between RTS and your company’s executive team. It is critical that we understand the needs of your managers and users before we implement a solution.
- Helping you craft your requirements and streamline your business processes.
One of the first steps is to plan and prepare. We will serve as your trusted advisor to help develop your strategy. During this phase, RTS will assist you in identifying your company’s vision, goals, and metrics as well as your resources, tools, and dependencies. By getting this step right, time will not be wasted by having to back track. The size and scope of your rollout will determine how many resources you’ll require.
- Providing honest estimates we can stand by.
Because of RTS Labs experience with numerous and successful Saleforce implementations, we are able to provide better estimates of the cost of your project.
- Balancing efficiency and quality with your timelines.
- Keeping you well informed and engaged throughout the process.
- Delivering your solution on time and on budget.
Working with your team and project manager, RTS Lab members will lead the implementation and make sure the project tasks and overall timeline are kept on track.
- Supporting your business after the “go-live” date.
The level of support you will need depends on a number of factors including whether you have any in-house Salesforce expertise. RTS can provide ongoing Salesforce administration, performing ongoing system support and one-on-one user assistance. By revisiting and optimizing your Salesforce application on a continuous basis, RTS Labs can build and refine your metrics, while always keeping your end users and overall vision in mind.
Discover | Iterate | Improve
RTS collaborates with our clients first, holding multiple discovery sessions, to learn and ensure we understand your business processes. Then, we devise an implementation plan that allows for incremental updates.
We encourage your users to test every iteration of the build, and provide feedback based on their experience. Any incorrectly identified requirements or processes are quickly identified, and the configuration is updated as part of a fine-tuning process. This procedure typically yields optimal results in a correct configuration that meets all the needs laid out in the discovery sessions.
RTS helps you make Salesforce yours, custom-tailoring it for your business. RTS is your partner, and our job is to improve your business processes through the use of Salesforce, not mold your business processes to Salesforce.